An official test build of Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 was released yesterday. But since no existing CF-Root kernel seems to work with this new build, flashing any of those rooting kernels won't help at all. So here is a simple tutorial on how to root this new build.
- Download "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip" from here:
- Rename the downloaded file to "update.zip".
- Transfer the "update.zip" file to the root of your external SD card.
- Power off your phone.
- Start your phone in 'Recovery Mode' by simultaneously pressing the 'Volume Up + Home + Power' buttons. Release the 'Power' button as soon as you see the 'Samsung' logo but keep pressing the other two buttons until you see the stock recovery.
- Choose "apply update.zip" and let it complete.
- Reboot and you'll have your phone rooted.