If you like the looks of Windows 7, you can make Ubuntu look exactly the same using the Windows 7 transformation pack.
|Ubuntu looks transformed into Windows 7|
|Windows 7 transformation pack on Ubuntu|
- Download the transformation pack from gnome-look.org.
- Navigate to your downloaded package using file browser and extract the package.
- Open the extracted package's folder and double click GUIInstall.sh and then choose 'Run in Terminal'.
- Follow installation instructions. Choose manual install when asked and install all the offered packages in order to make sure you get exactly the same looks as of Windows 7.
- You can customize the panels, icons, start-button etc when asked during the installation process.
- Once finished, log out and log back in.
- A CompizReadMe.txt file will be generated on your Desktop, follow it for configuration of Compiz. If the file isn't on the Desktop, you can find it under Extracted Theme Folder > Files > Compiz.
- If you want to un-install the transformation pack and settings, run GUIUninstall.sh script from the same folder.